- Before you register
- How to register
- Onsite registration hours
- Payment options
- Terms & conditions
- International attendees
- Review the Congress fees, the associations page and the association conference fee schedule to find your association and decide which conferences you wish to register for.
- You are welcome to attend any association conference at Congress regardless of membership status, provided that you pay the corresponding member or non-member fee.
- Take note of the Congress Registration Desk location and hours, as you’ll need to visit it when you arrive on site to pick up your receipt, official access badge and registration package.
- If you are attending your association’s conference as a member or presenting at Congress 2017, renew your membership status on your association’s website and check out the Info for presenters page.
Online registration is the quickest and easiest registration method available to you – you will automatically receive an email confirmation and you will be able to re-enter the system at any time to make changes. You can also register by mail or by fax, though some additional conditions will apply. An email confirming your registration will be sent to you once the process is complete, no matter how you register. You will receive your receipt, official access badge and registration package on site. The registration desk will also be available as of Friday, May 26, 2017.
Log into to the Congress registration portal to register for Congress from early January until June 2, 2017. If you are new to Congress, you will be prompted to create a new account. Those who have attended Congress in a previous year (2008 to 2016) can return to their accounts to register for this year. You can also request a new username or password, if required.
After you have registered, you can return to the Congress registration portal to:
- view/update your personal information
- add another association’s conference
- request a refund (see Terms and conditions)
By mail or fax
To register by mail or by fax, download the registration form and the association conference fee schedule. If you have accessibility requirements, please also fill out the Accessibility Needs and Information Questionnaire. Follow the instructions on these documents and return them fully completed with payment, to:
CFHSS - Congress 2017
300 – 275 Bank St
Ottawa, ON K2P 2L6
The registration forms must be received by May 15, 2017. After that date, only online or onsite registrations are accepted. Please note that accessibility requirements must be communicated by May 1, 2017.
Visit the Registration Desk in the Congress Hub to register on site, pick up your receipt, official access badge and registration package, or for assistance. The Congress Hub will be located in the Mattamy Athletic Centre at Ryerson University (see campus map). The hours of operation will be:
- May 26 – 10:00 to 17:00
- May 27 to June 1 – 7:30 to 17:00
- June 2 – 7:30 to 14:00
The registration fees are broken down into two components – the Congress fee and the Association conference fees. For more information about this structure, consult About the fees.
The Congress fee* is mandatory for all attendees including organizers, speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session.
|Congress fee prior to March 31||Congress fee as of April 1|
|Regular||$180 + 13% HST = $203.40||$215 + 13% HST = $242.95|
|Students, retired and unwaged||$70 + 13% HST = $79.10||$90 + 13% HST = $101.70|
* A recent ruling from the Canada Revenue Agency now requires that the Federation charge GST/HST on Congress registration fees (Congress fee) that are direct to the Federation.
Association conference fees
The association conference fees are mandatory for all attendees participating at association sessions, including organizers, speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session. Association conference fees do not cover the association’s membership fees. For membership inquiries, please contact the association directly.
View the association conference fee schedule.
If you wish to ONLY attend those general events indicated in the online calendar of events and the Congress Essentials guide as open to all registered Congress attendees, then the association conference fees do not apply. However you will not be entitled to participate in sessions that have access restricted to registered attendees of an association, which includes all association conferences.
- Credit cards (Visa, Visa/debit, MasterCard, American Express): online, by mail, by fax and onsite
- Cheque or money order: by mail (in Canadian funds, made out to ‘CFHSS - Congress 2017’, no postdated cheques)
- Interac: Onsite only
Note: Cash or cheques will not be accepted onsite.
- Telephone registrations cannot be accepted.
- All registration forms received by mail and fax must be completely filled out and be accompanied with full payment of fees by May 15, 2017. After that date, only online or onsite registrations will be accepted.
- A $25 administration fee will be added in cases of insufficient funds or invalid credit card numbers.
- Cancellations are accepted until April 15, 2017, subject to a $20 administration fee. Unfortunately, no refunds are possible after this date.