Serviced by both Porter Airlines and Air Canada, this airport is located on the Toronto Islands and is approximately 4km to Ryerson University and the downtown core. Make sure to use airport code YTZ when booking your flight to this airport. Locate it on the Congress Google map.
- Airport transportation from Billy Bishop Airport can be undertaken by TTC public transit or taxi.
- A taxi stand can be found just outside the mainland terminal. The cost from the airport to Ryerson University is approximately $15 and it takes 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.
There is also a complimentary shuttle bus that runs between the mainland terminal and Union Station, where you can connect to the TTC subway line which stops at the Ryerson University campus.
Serviced by Air Canada, WestJet and Porter Airlines, this airport is located approximately 31 km outside of the downtown core. Make sure to use airport code YYZ when booking your flight to this airport. Locate it on the Congress Google map.
- Airport transportation from Toronto Pearson International Airport can be undertaken by taxi, TTC public transit, or via the Union Pearson Express train.
- A taxi stand can be found outside of each terminal’s Arrivals area (follow the signs for “Taxis & Limousines”). There is a flat rate from the airport to Ryerson University of $53 and it takes 30-50 minutes depending on traffic.
The Union Pearson Express train runs between Toronto Pearson International Airport and Union Station, where you can connect to the TTC subway line which stops at the Ryerson University campus. This express service only takes 25 minutes, with trains leaving every 15 minutes. UP Express is proud to offer a Group Rate discount of $9 per trip for Congress travelers, valid for travel between May 20, 2017 and June 9, 2017. One-way tickets can be purchased from an UP Express Guest Services Representative at time of travel, at either station, when you show confirmation of Congress registration (print or digital).
Air Canada will apply a 5-10% discount* for Congress travellers when the following promotion code is used at the time of booking: DW4UDP41
*Terms & Conditions:
- Discounts are subject to restrictions and rate categories. No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
- Only bookings made to Toronto, YYZ (ON) are eligible for the discount.
- The travel period begins Friday, May 19, 2017 and ends Friday, June 09, 2017.
- Discount is applied to the fare at the time that the travel ticket with Air Canada is purchased.
The discount and the fare are subject to all applicable taxes and surcharges.
Porter Airlines is proud to offer a 10% discount on available base fares (with the exception of the lowest class fare during a public seat sale) for travel to and from the Congress 2017. The discounted fares are available for booking from September 25, 2016 to June 05, 2017 and available for travel as indicated in the table below.
Please book online at https://flyporter.com/Flight?culture=en-CA&promocode=CNGS17 or through your travel agent using promo code “CNGS17”.
Dates of Travel:
From: Anywhere in
To: Anywhere in Canada or US
WestJet will offer 10%* off the base fare for Congress travellers when the following coupon code is used at the time of booking: NQGRKG4
*Terms & Conditions:
- Discounts apply on travel between Toronto/Hamilton and anywhere WestJet flies in North America (including Delta code-share partner network). Discount cannot be applied towards multi-city bookings.
- The travel period begins Saturday, May 20, 2017 and ends Saturday, June 10, 2017.
- Percentage discount is applied to base fare. Taxes, fees and charges are extra.
- Offer is limited and subject to availability
Discount cannot be combined with any other discount codes or promotional offers
1-888-842-7245 / 1-800-268-9503 (for the hearing impaired)
VIA Rail will offer 10%* off the best available fare in Economy, Economy Plus, Business, Business Plus, Sleeper, or Sleeper Plus class for Congress travellers. To book travel using this discount, you must create a profile with VIA prior to booking, then on the Passenger information screen, select "Convention fare" from the “Discount Type” drop-down menu, and enter the convention discount code: 13395.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Discount is valid for travel between May 25, 2017 and June 4, 2017.
- Subject to the conditions and restrictions of the fare plan to which the additional discount is being applied. Discount does not apply in any Escape Class fares.
- Fare applies to a maximum of two passengers per booking.
- One complimentary stopover is allowed at no additional charge. For travel on all fare plans in Business class, the first stopover is allowed at no additional charge, provided that this stopover takes place in Toronto, Montréal or Ottawa only.
The central train station in Toronto is Union Station located at 65 Front Street West, only a 10 minute drive to Ryerson University. Locate it on the Congress Google map.
1-800-661-TRIP (8747) / 1-800-397-7870 (for the hearing impaired)
The central bus station in Toronto is the Toronto Coach Terminal located at 610 Bay Street, only a 5-10 minute walk to Ryerson University. Locate it on the Congress Google map.
GO Transit is a network of train and bus lines that service the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, with routes extending to communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe, such as Niagara and Peterborough. The central transfer hub in Toronto is Union Station located at 65 Front Street West, only a 10 minute drive to Ryerson University. Locate it on the Congress Google map. More information on their accessibility services can be found on their website.
1-866-534-9270 (for the hearing impaired)
1-800-654-2280 (for the hearing impaired)