Gain valuable work experience!
Join in the national celebration of Canada’s sesquicentennial!
Congress 2017 is fast approaching and Ryerson is excited to be hosting this landmark academic event from May 27 to June 2. To effectively stage the event, our Congress Planning Team is recruiting approximately 500 volunteers to perform essential roles that support an exciting week of keynote presentations, workshops, receptions, concerts and more.
The benefits of volunteering are enormous
- Make new friends
- Network with Congress attendees to advance your career
- Improve your résumé — learn new skills, gain work experience
- Meet renowned researchers, luminaries and thought leaders
- Explore ideas that matter to Canadians and impact our lives
- Help make Ryerson shine during Congress
- Get exclusive promotions and discounts
When you volunteer and join Ryerson’s Congress team, you will receive an official volunteer t-shirt. Volunteers will also be provided with food and beverages during the week of Congress and have the opportunity to attend open Congress events when not working.
Discover your role: Congress 2017 volunteer positions
- Accessibility Shuttle Stop Attendants: Stationed at the accessibility shuttle stops to provide support and assistance to users of the complementary accessibility shuttle bus service on campus.
- AV Wizards: Assist with audio/visual issues that may crop up from time to time during Congress.
- Clean-up Crew: Help return campus to its pristine condition in preparation for Convocation the following week.
- Computer Lab Monitors: Stationed in attendee computer labs to monitor the space and act as a cashier for printing.
- Cultural Programming Assistants: Provide assistance with the set-up and smooth-running of various Congress 2017 cultural events and activities including plays, concerts and art installations.
- Event Ushers: Assist attendees to their seats, and watch when it starts.
- Info Kiosk Attendants: Stationed at info kiosks across campus to provide directions and information to attendees on Congress sessions, campus facilities, and general Toronto tourism information.
- Mobile Team: Ready to be dispatched out to areas of high need during Congress.
- Planning Team Shadows: Assist core planning team throughout Congress with duties as required.
- Reception Hosts: Assist with the smooth-running of the Opening Reception and President’s Receptions in a variety of ways, including set-up, coat check and handing out name badges.
- Wayfinding Guides: Help attendees navigate their way around campus and Congress 2017 venues by providing directions.
- All volunteers are required to attend a mandatory orientation session on Thursday, May 25, 2017 to ensure that you are well-prepared and confident in your role.
- A minimum commitment of 8 volunteer hours over the course of the week is requested of all volunteers.
To register, please click on the link above. You will be directed to InItLive.com to create a volunteer profile and answer a few brief questions. You will receive an email notification alerting you once roles and shift times are available for selection in April.
For more information, contact:
Congress 2017 Planning and Volunteer Coordinator
Email: [email protected]